Sunday, September 14, 2008

3 major events



Sorry I haven't posted in a while life has been so crazy. I'm working full time again and it has definitely been a challenge. Well 3 major things have happened since the last time I posted 1- football season has started 2- I started Addi on rice cereal and 3- McKinlee is here! (hope that's spelled right, sorry Alese) Okay number 1- We are big football fans but aren't dedicated to any particular team (it's all about the love of the game) so we have been DVR-ing most of the games it's like the Olympics all over again! I have to make sure that there is enough recording space for when Grey's Anatomy starts again, the countdown is so on! Number 2- Addison has been waking up during the night and not going back to sleep with just a Binky so I decided not to be so hardcore and start giving her rice cereal. I wanted her to be fed exclusively breast milk for the first six months since I'm such an advocate for it and am taking classes to become a lactation consultant. It's hard to break away from patients and go pump and a little embarrassing since my boss will stand out in the hall and sing, "pump, pump pump it up" like they do at basketball games. Any way she loves it! The first time she had it she made "MMMM" noises the whole time and she blew bubbles which Grandma Karen thought was hilarious... me not so much. Addison acted like, "why haven't I had this sooner?" It's fun to feed her and see how much she has grown. Number 3- Last week Karen called and said that Alese was in the hospital having the baby which was a total surprise. She was going to stay with them until she had the baby the end of this month but went to her Dr's appointment and was informed that they would be staying and having a baby that night. We rode over to Cedar to visit and ended up being there when the baby was born. I forgot Addison couldn't go back so we took turns playing in the waiting room with her. McKinlee weighed the exact same as Addison but she seem so tiny! and she has tons of long black hair poor bald Addison. Congrats to Alese and Terrence you guys will be awesome parents and I think it's going to be very interesting the next few years with Andi, Addison and Mckinlee all born within 9 months of each other. They are going to get into so much trouble!

No comments: